Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blips: Vintage Konami Flyers


Source: Konami's Arcade Flyers 1986-96
Author: VGJunk
Site VGJunk

There's not too much too say that can really add to this collection of Konami promotional flyers from the late 80s though the early 90s. In fact, these flyers have A LOT happening in them to begin with. I mean, look at the Le Mans poster above and tell me what's happening in one succinct sentence. Every time I try to muster a description, some other element from the image totally disrupts my narrative. The best I can come up with is that the arcade cabinet just blazed through a finish line, but kept going and ran over a woman who happens to be in love with the machine. Also, the arcade cabinet was wearing a helmet, but discarded it before hitting the woman.

The linked post over on VGJunk is full of these wonderful gems that evoke the low-budget cheesy camp on FMV game contemporaries. An era gone too soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment