Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blips: Shameless Plug


Source: Completely Hands-On
Author: Dan Solberg
Site: Unwinnable

No one ever said I couldn't use this blog to promote my own work. Heck, that's pretty much what it's for anyway. So, I'd like to draw your attention to my first piece for Unwinnable, a look at the video game controllers installed as part of the Applied Design exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art. The controllers aren't the subject of the show, the games are, but the museum made some interesting curatorial decisions with the controllers in an attempt to amplify viewer focus on "interaction design."

The results are a bit experimental, but largely successful. MoMA strikes a balance between staying true to how you would expect the games to control and altering interfaces to meet the needs of the exhibition. Of course, if you want to full details, I'm just going to direct you to the link above. Don't worry, I'll return to talking about other people's work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment