Friday, March 14, 2014

Blips: Surplus Reading


Source: Marginalia 8
Author: Joel Goodwin
Site: Electron Dance

PSA: there will not be any new Low Cutoff posts next week. Sad, I know, but I have to take the week off for personal reasons. Luckily for you, dear reader, GDC is also happening next week, so most of the game community will be focused on that. To that effect, today I wanted to point you in the direction of some reading to fill the void until Low Cutoff's triumphant return. Joel Goodwin periodically compiles these Marginalia posts over at Electron Dance as collections of links, curated from various game developers and critics. This time around, he's enlisted Amanda Lange, Ben Serviss, Raph Koster, Tale of Tales, and Miguel Sicart (whom I just wrote about on Wednesday). Topics are all over the place, ranging from video game violence to user-generated levels, to TSA procedures. Yeah, that TSA. I'm sure you'll find at least a few of the articles interesting. Anyway, that's all for me; Low Cutoff will return on the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment